Friday, October 28, 2011

Kale and Cranberry Salad

I made this simple kale salad to pair with my Black Bean and Potato Soup. I first had something similar to this at a friend's house last year and made it myself not long after that and then again tonight, but with variations. I typically only make enough to eat at that meal because I think it's best served fresh.

I'm not really giving measurements here because this is something you'll have to adjust to suit your tastes and needs.

Kale and Cranberry Salad
with Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing

Kale
Craisins
Toasted sliced almonds

Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing

Lemon juice
Olive oil
garlic powder
sea salt
cracked pepper
greek seasoning spice mix


I do about a 5:1 ratio with the lemon juice: olive oil. I add just enough water to make it more palatable. I season to taste and shake well.

Cut kale into small pieces, add dressing and massage greens gently until they darken and soften. Add craisins and let chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Add toasted almonds immediately before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment