Thursday, December 12, 2013

Red Thai Curry Potato Soup

I know it's been a really long time since I've posted any recipes. I've been cooking, I just haven't been posting.  This soup has become one of my favorite things! I was making red thai curry with rice and broccoli and red bell pepper, but I got tired of eating it like that. One day I was in the mood for soup... so I threw this together. It's delicious!

Red Thai Curry Potato Soup
Serves 4ish

3 cans coconut milk + 2 cans water
1-2 tbsp red thai curry paste (I get this at the asian grocery store)
4 medium potatoes, cubed
1-2 red bell peppers
1 block extra firm tofu, cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
small bunch of fresh basil leaves, torn
salt to taste
2-3 chicken/ vegetable bullion cubes

Put coconut milk, water, curry paste, potatoes, bullion, garlic, and ginger into a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer until potatoes are almost done. Add tofu and bell pepper and simmer until bell pepper and potatoes are soft. Add basil leaves at the end and simmer until they are wilted.

Start with 1 tbsp of curry paste and add more to taste. It can get kind of spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment